Thursday, February 16, 2023

Getting organized

 Okey so before I start planning more of my project, I need to create some time frames before I go crazy. I need to make sure I stay organized and have enough time for every part of my process without having to rush anything. I also need to plan time in case something goes wrong or maybe if I need to do a lot of reshooting. So here goes:

First, I need to organize what steps I need to take. I know I need to do more research before anything, I already did my research on mystery film openings, but I need to get down to the nitty gritty of what makes a mystery… a mystery. Then I need to plan out what film I want to do, what will my plot be? What will my setting be? My characters? All of that planning will also need time. Then I need to create a detailed storyboard that will have my film opening all planned out. I then need to obviously do all the filming which will take a while so I have to plan enough time for that, as well as time for any reshoots that I might want to do. Then, probably one of the most time consuming, editing. As I am not an editing expert, I need to find a good software I can use to aid in my editing process. There are many more tiny steps that I will also need to take but for now that is the basis.

Steps:

-research 

-planning

-filming

-editing 

-final touches 

So, this project is due April 3. I have approximately 6 weeks to do all of it which sounds like a lot but I already know is going to fly by. I know I want to get all filming done at least by March 22, which would allow me a little over a week for all editing. I really do not want to rush any part of this project so this planning of my steps has certainly helped me know exactly what I need to do. This was certainly an essential part which has eased my nerves overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Editing softwares

 So while my heart truly just wants to use my simple iphone InShot app to edit this project, my brain knows that that is not the right appro...