Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Tips and tricks

After watching some mystery film openings as well as other film openings from other genres, I have decided to compile a list of some tips and tricks I want to keep in my mind while I further develop my own film opening.

1. Grabbing my viewers attention: this opening scene will be the first impression of this film that my audiences will see. I need to make sure I make it count and make it worth their time. I need to ensure I start with an attention grabbing moment that will be able to set the tone for my film.

2. Establishing the setting: using the opening scene to establish my setting is a great way to set the tone and general plot of my film. It is important the audience has this important information early on in the film. I have to remember this is not necessaraly need to be done through a visual but also could be done with dialogue.

3. Introducing my characters: it is important to try and introduce the main characters of my film in the opening. This can help my viewer understand who they are and they motivations as well as they general personality.

4. Creating suspense: Usung the opening scene to create suspense and intrigue is key to a good opening, especially with the mystery genre. This allows to keep the viewer engaged and interested.

5. Music: the use of music is also something I need to keep in mind as it can be a helpful tool in aiding in setting the tone of my film. I need to make sure I chose music that fits the mood of my opening scene and also enhances the viewers overall expierence. 

6. Experimenting: I need to remember to not be afraid to experiment with different styles and approaches to my opening. I need to stay out of the bubble and experiment with different techniques with lighting, angles, and music to be able to find what I like and what works for me and my film opening.

I have to remember to captivate and engage my audience and leave them intrigued in my film. These tips will be able to aid in my overall process as well as the way I approach my next steps of developing my film opening.

Sources:

https://nofilmschool.com/beginning-movie-great

https://nofilmschool.com/best-movie-opening-scenes

https://www.moviemaker.com/how-to-start-a-script/amp/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Editing softwares

 So while my heart truly just wants to use my simple iphone InShot app to edit this project, my brain knows that that is not the right appro...