Friday, March 3, 2023

Lets act!

For my film opening, to make this project easier to film and to not have to torture another human being, I am going to have to be the main character. Having to film myself is not something I am exactly excited to do, let’s just say I am not the most camera loving person in the world. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good picture here and there, but having to act and play a character is a whole different deal. I hope those acting classes I took in third grade come in handy for this project because I really want my main character to be able to portray emotions that can allow me to connect to my audience. 

People always say that the eyes are the window to the soul. For years, especially with English being my second language, I would never understand what they meant. I feel like I finally get it. They really can be, especially in film. You can know exactly how a character is feeling just with their eyes. I found this cool picture that illustrates just how powerful a characters eyes can be. They can change a film tone and meaning, the character does not have to say a single word but you can still feel what they feel, depending on their eyes.


You might be wondering why I have been talking about eyes for so long. Well since most of my film opening will not have dialogue until the very end, a characters facial expressions (especially their eyes), is something I wanted to think about and reflect upon. Since I will be acting as the main character, in this case the girl that gets murdered, I need to channel my inner “Psycho”.  This picture of Janet Leigh is a great example of great facial expression that basically scream at you and tell you exactly what the character might be feeling or experiencing.

This is all to be able to do my best when I portray my own character in my own mystery film. I want to ensure that in these seconds of my film opening you get to know at least a little bit of the characters with their facial expressions and body language.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Editing softwares

 So while my heart truly just wants to use my simple iphone InShot app to edit this project, my brain knows that that is not the right appro...