Sunday, March 5, 2023

Props and setting

 So for the setting of my film opening, I am extremely grateful the setting is in a home. Having the ability to film in the comfort of my own home makes the film in process a lot better because I get a lot more time and comfort to film. While using my house as my setting is definitely has its pros, I think I need to talk about some negatives. First of all, since both of my parents work from home and I also have two brothers plus a dog lets just say my house is not always fit for filming. I will need to ensure no one is home whenever I film to ensure sound and film quality which is a little easier said than done. With this in mind, I know both of my brothers are out of the house often and I guess I will just have to bribe my parents into leaving…its fine they wont mind… I think. No but seriously, I’m sure they can just stay in one side of the house and it will be fine since I will only be using part of the house in my film opening. Anyways that takes care of part of my setting situation.

Since in the first few seconds of my film opening the main character is driving a car, and I will have to be inside the car driving I do have to wait until I get my liscense… funny enough tho I get it in exactly a week. Since some shots will need me to be inside the car alone, I need to ensure it is legal! So yeah, I will have to film those shots later once I finally get my liscence. That should be no problem tho because I will hopefully pass my driving test and make it possible for me to film those first few shots of the car.

Overall, I think being able to chose my house as my film setting will aid in my overall process. Not having to depend on weather and daylight is also a positive because it will allow me to use my time in whatever way I like. It also helps that I know exactly what my setting already looks like since I spend so many hours here. It is also helpful that I have the ability to change around the setting details such as tables, decors, light, etc since it is my own house. All in all, I believe my setting is an overall positive in my film opening process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Editing softwares

 So while my heart truly just wants to use my simple iphone InShot app to edit this project, my brain knows that that is not the right appro...